Monday 13 February 2012

Blessing after blessing after blessing




Beautiful blue skies
Sunset over Baños
Going away for just 3 days to Baños, was such a blessing. It was great to have a change of scenery. There was blue skies (which don’t exist in Santo Domingo) and fresh air. Santo is a hot, humid place. The sun doesn’t shine very often. At the moment in Santo, it is either very hot and humid or torrential rain. It is extreme weather. Recently I have had several conversations with people about weather in England.
The Ecuadorians that I spoke to did not realise we do not have 3 set areas; a jungle area, a mountainous area and a coastal area. Nor do they realise we do not have the warmth or the rain like Ecuador has. However, I can’t criticise their lack of knowledge. I did not know what Ecuadorian weather would be like before I came here.  

My short time away was full of blessings, from the blue skies and warm sun, to ice creams, chai tea and carrot cake, meals without rice and speaking English constantly.


Baños town, mountains and blue skies
Baños is quite touristy and has restaurants and hostels which cater to tourists. Although I love embracing the culture here, it was so nice just for 3 days to have a break from being immersed in the culture.


White Water Rafting. We actually recieved a safety lesson before heading off!
I was blessed to see beautiful views, sunsets, volcanos, mountains, rivers, go on a hike, rafting and bathe in naturally hot (up to 45oC) thermal baths.

Recently I have been blessed so much through kind words and encouragements. Thank you for your emails.







We found a bakery that sold carrot cake!











“From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.”
John 1 v 16

No comments:

Post a Comment