Tuesday 3 April 2012

Complements

3.4.12 
Today has been a good day. I helped finish off the last few jobs that needed doing to make the school ready for the kids on the 9th. It has been painted, cleaned and tidied. Whilst the teachers and other people in the charity held a meeting about the future of the charity, I did some cleaning. Having a good imagination is vital in using the resources available. I did contemplate cleaning the floors and toilets with washing powder until I sought out some bleach! I had a few minutes to think about being here, cleaning toilets and wondering why I was doing it willingly, for free!? I wanted it to be nice and clean for the children and wanted to serve them.
I was able to spend time talking with my parents today. It is always good to hear news from home, even though recently, news always seems to be sad. Still, God is good and is definitely my strength.
In the afternoon I spent time with one of the teachers, going through Language Therapy resources and helping her with her planning. It was a good time together. She was very patient with my Spanish and I was very patient with her as I explained some tasks.
Despite hearing sad news, today has been good and surprisingly full of complements and encouragements. I think they were God given.

No comments:

Post a Comment