Tuesday 14 June 2011

It's the little things

A friend of mine here lost her SIM card from her phone. Someone ended up finding it in a school she works in. She was so happy, pleased and a bit emotional for finding it. She was overjoyed actually and said “It's the little things”. This is true. It is the little things which can make your day. These little things often show something of God’s blessing. I think I notice more of them here than I did in England. It is not that they weren’t there in England. I just didn’t look for them or notice them. Sometimes, I didn’t even really think that I needed God in some circumstances. For example, in England I would go on a car journey or get a bus without being worried. Here, I am aware for the need to pray for safety. I took a bus journey the other day with a big bag after coming back from a weekend away. I don’t like taking lots of things on the bus. I literally prayed for safety the whole way. I was ¾ of the way home when the bus stopped and on came a lady that I knew. It was amazing! This may not sound like a big thing and it feels silly writing it but it was such a blessing to me. You might think it is a coincidence that she took the same bus as me but the chances of me bumping into someone that I know, are slim. I do not know many people here! And, there are so many buses here, that she could have easily got on another bus! She is such a lovely lady and is a very encouraging, understanding person. I was blessed. I felt like God was saying, I will take care of you, let me show you.

I wonder what ways God has shown you that he is there, or will look after you?

“How great is the love the father has lavished on us, the we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” 1 John 3 v 1

1 comment:

  1. God will always watch over you Amy, you are his child. Love Daffers x x

    ReplyDelete