Sunday 25 March 2012

Beach camp

Last week I was invited to a beach camp for the youth from Santo Domingo. The camp was run by a group of Americans from Oklahoma. There was a big group of us from Santo Domingo and 2 other churches in the South of Ecuador. The week was amazing. Right on the edge of a stunning beach. Personally for me, being a bit older than the rest of the youth, I had different experiences to them. However it was so good for everyone. The Ecuadorians learnt loads about God and learnt from the Americans. The Americans, coming from a completely different background, learnt from the Ecuadorians.
For me, it was a chance to go to a new place, meet new people, get to know the Ecuadorian youth better and chill out in a beautiful setting. I loved the conversations I had and was challenged by the talks I heard and challenged to put my Spanish/English translation skills to the test infront of groups of people.
I think what I experienced the most was how amazingly powerful God is. I think I learnt a bit more about my place in life. To realise that I am not in control but I can trust in this big God. The beach we were at had a very dangerous current and the waves were really strong. We had to be careful. Even as a confident swimmer I knew the waves could still pull me out. But still, I think I enjoyed myself most in the sea, especially as the sun was setting. To experience such beauty of the sea and to cool off in the water and have fun with friends here....a good week. Back to Santo Domingo and the reality of work now!   

The beach at sunset

Playing games

So close to the beach!

Swimming in the sea at sunset

A walk to the next town along

Volleyball

Our walk to Montanita, the next town along
Another beautiful sunset!


Group photo

No comments:

Post a Comment