Thursday 12 January 2012

We are blessed


HEAVEN TO EARTH (We are blessed)

Bring heaven to earth, Lord
Bring peace where there’s fear
Bring life where there’s death, Lord
Bring joy in these tears
Bring love where there’s lust, Lord
Bring hope where there’s pain
Bring rest where there’s chaos
Bring faith where there’s fame.
 
You invite us to partner with you
To see your kingdom come

We are blessed, to bless a world in pieces
We are loved, to love where love is not.
We are changed, to be the change you promised
We are freed, to be your hands, O God

Bring home to the homeless
Bring keys to the chained
Bring worth to the purchased
And touch to the shamed.
Bring freedom from debt, Lord
An end to excess
Bring closer your kingdom
By quiet success
 
In the broken, we shall see restored
the image of our King

We are blessed, to bless a world in pieces
We are loved, to love where love is not.
We are changed, to be the change you promised
We are freed, to be your hands, O God

Lord we cry out to you
Change the atmosphere

Breathe new life in all who gather here
New life in all who gather here

 ©2007 Andy Flannagan
www.andyflan.com

 I really like this song. Today it encouraged me. The last few days I have been thinking a lot about the next few months. I am due to head back to England in April. However, over the last few months I have weighing up the idea of staying for an extra few months. It will give me a few more months in the special school and to do more therapy and maybe get involved with another project too. The charity is/will be changing a lot over the summer holidays (Feb/March) and will be very different in April when we start back again. I am excited by April, May and June to do more work and serve the children here in Ecuador. However much I know it is the right decision to stay, I still doubt. I wonder if I will have the strength to overcome the dull ache I so often feel, missing so many of my good friends and my family.  I sometimes doubt I have enough Spanish to be much use here. I am worried I will be lonely, with none of my English friends here in those last few months. I will have to make more of an effort to develop my Ecuadorian friendships which will be great, but is a lot harder. I wonder if I can adjust to all the changes that will come in April; new people, new work, different places.

This song encourages me. I have totally been blessed in my life. I have amazing friends and family who support me, encourage me, affirm me and who have helped me get to where I am today. I want to give some of that blessing away. I am loved by God and want to share that with the children here. I am not sure I can change much here. However, I know God is powerful and can do amazing things through ordinary people, just like me.  

“You invite us to partner with you
To see your kingdom come”


That’s cool.


“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things (life, food, drink, clothes) will be given to you as well. For do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.” Matthew 6 v 33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment