Tuesday 14 February 2012

Feliz dia del amor y la amistad

Happy Valentines Day
Feliz dia del amor y amistad

This time of year, 2 years ago I went through a really difficult time. My life was very different to what it is now. 2 years ago I was struggling through a dark and tough few months. I wrote a poem about how I had lost my smile and how hard it was to see, hear, feel, or say anything positive. Throughout that difficult winter, life slowly became more and more difficult. I constantly wondered why I felt that way. I didn’t feel myself. I questioned God as to why this was happening to me. There must have been a reason to it but I could not see it at the time. By Easter, I was beginning to feel more myself. I made some difficult decisions that had a major impact on my life. As a direct result of those decisions, I now find myself here in Ecuador. At Easter I saw again how amazing God was. I saw how powerful he was to raise Jesus back to life. I saw the love Jesus had for me, to die for me. I could have that power in my life and he could change my life. Though his strength, I found my smile again.

I love living here in Ecuador. Each day brings a new challenge. It is a beautiful Country and it is a privilege to work with the charity here. I only have a couple more months left here. That brings mixed emotions. However, I know I am here for a reason. I have peace about being here. I have peace about returning to England; to a whole un-known chapter. I hope you find peace and love this Valentine’s day.   


"He led you out of your dark, dark cell,
broke open the jail and led you out.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves"
Psalm 107 v 14(The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment