Friday 12 August 2011

Eyes

I love it when you look into someone’s eyes and you can see that they are smiling. I worked with a child in school this week, who can be quite handful. During an assessment, she looked up from the assessment book, and smiled through her eyes. She made me smile, laugh even. She had something special in her eyes. She is a real character. You know when she is in school and the (quiet) days when she is not there. She often arrives with un-brushed hair, her shoes in her bag and dirty clothes from the day before. I love the fact that the school offers her some sort of consistency. There are people who want to help her learn, teach her life skills and guide her in learning the difference between right and wrong. When she is testing my patience, I will always try to look into her smiling eyes and remember that even though I can’t have a very good conversation with her, I can love her and try to be Jesus to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment