Sunday 7 August 2011

Hopes and dreams

I often think about the future and dream about where I will be and what I will be doing. I have lots of things I would like to do and achieve and make a positive difference in the World. I dream big. Very often they are unachievable dreams to be honest. They involve changing the World. I made a 5 year plan with a few friends, 4 years ago and have not got any closer to achieving it! This is just one example of something I have planned to do and it obviously doesn’t fit into God’s timing. I have learnt I can’t tell God what to do and when to do it. His plan is far more supreme than my plans and his timing is far better than my timings. I wonder why I am here now. Sometimes it is hard to understand and sometimes, I would like to be in another place BUT knowing deep down that you have surrendered to God and are somewhere that you should be is a very secure feeling.

“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this.”
Psalm 37 v 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment