Wednesday 7 December 2011

Funny stories from this week!

I love this Country! It is just so different from England. I have a million and one examples of this but just a few from this week:

I definitely knew I wasn’t in England whilst putting up the Christmas tree wearing shorts and t shirts and sorting through the baubles and finding 2 giant cockroaches!
I am now getting used to these tiny tiny bugs/ants that crawl everywhere. They love the sugar pot and the best tupperware pot with tight fitting lid can not keep them out. The first time I saw them in the sugar, I threw the sugar pot away. Now that I know they are just part of life I hardly notice them. They often live in mugs too so a cup of tea will almost definately have a few in it.
People think I am German. When meeting someone new, they asked me which Country I came from. They then asked me what other languages I speak, other than Spanish and GERMAN!?

Walking into the school premises today I had a gigantic bug fly into my face! It was a 6 inch giant locust/grasshopper

When asking what we might have with our turkey for Christmas dinner I found out we would have rice! The person who told me looked at me as if to say “well, what else would we have with it!?"
Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment