Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas

I don't feel Christmasy at all. It is hard to feel Christmasy when it isn't cold, there are no familiar traditions and I'm sat wearing shorts and t-shirts. Having said that, I recieved the best gift in the post this week which will help me count down the days until Christmas... an advent calendar!
Being here has certainly helped me remember what Christmas is really all about. It is about Jesus. Jesus being born and the importance of his life; living to set us an example and then dying so we no longer have to live with the burden of all the mess ups we have made.

Christmas for me this year is not about making mince pies whilst listening to Carpenters music (family tradition), going on wintery walks, putting up the tree, eating turkey and cranberry sauce, buying a Christmas radio times (family tradition) or eating party rings (another strange family tradition). It is still a joyful time to celebrate with the family, but this year I will have a different family and can celebrate with them, the birth of our saviour.
"They will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’” Matthew 1 v 23

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    Hope you enjoy your turkey . . . and rice! You will have a mountain of new traditions to bring home and share.

    Love

    Mum

    ReplyDelete