Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas 13: Christmas Dinner

Most Ecuadorians have their Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve to see in Christmas Day. We had ours slightly earlier. It was such a nice evening. There were 10 of us in total and it was such a great evening. Although I knew I was far from home, I had a great loving family here to celebrate with. What helped is that I felt part of the family. Although I still struggle to talk in Spanish I can understand a lot more and was able to have some really good chats with various family members. It helped me get to know them better and for them to know me better.


My Ecuadorian family
This year, instead of Turkey, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce, honey roasted parsnips, sprouts, fried mushrooms and gravy, we had; chicken, rice with spinach, salad and potatoes. It was a great meal full of lots of laughs. After a few silly games, we shared some presents and sat around chatting. It was a really fun and enjoyable evening. As I write this late on Christmas Eve I feel content after having an enjoyable Christmas time. I don’t think tomorrow (Christmas Day) we will be doing very much. Most people have got to go to work on Monday so I think it will be like any other Sunday. I feel blessed that I will be with my family.  Although I will not be with my family in England but thanks to God, he has blessed me with a new family here.

No comments:

Post a Comment