Thursday 17 November 2011

Fragile


16.11.11

Today I am feeling a little fragile. It is definitely one of those days that I have been close to tears the whole day. The kind of day when you know someone is going to be the one to make you cry (and you kind of feel a bit sorry for them being the one that you cry on!)

 My parents left this morning. After a really amazing and memorable few weeks with them, they left, to head home and I won’t see them for several months now. It was a great privilege to have them here and to introduce them to people that I know here. I was proud that they were willing to come here. My mum, in her generosity, kindly shared her cold with my Dad and I. It is the kind of cold that blocks your ears so none of us have been able to hear anything for the past 24 hours! 

So after leaving them, I then got on a really busy bus and had my bag slashed open and my phone stolen. I didn’t realise at the time but once I did find out I realised how blessed I was that they only took my phone as I had my purse, camera and ID card in the bag too. Once I realised what had happened, I was sat on my last bus home and then just ended up crying. I totally freaked out the man sat next to me. Firstly, it is not every day that he sits on the bus next to a white girl and especially not a crying one at that! He was really sweet and kept telling me to stop crying and when we stopped to pick up more people he went and got me some tissues. He was a real blessing, trying to keep talking to me, to stop me thinking of my parents. I would have looked forward to going home and having a swim this evening however, the manager of the pool has decided to stop the adult evening swimming lessons, permanently. I’m gutted.

So, I eventually made it home and went out for lunch with the mum of the family I live with. Here in Ecuador the set lunch always comes with a drink and today it was Mora (like a blackberry). My favourite! Just a little blessing to finish the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment