Friday 18 November 2011

Hows your Spanish?

This is a question that I get asked a lot by my friends and family in England. My Spanish could be a lot better if I really studied more and more every day. I feel I have hit a point where my understanding is a lot higher than the amount I can say and gets a bit frustrating at times. I know what I want to say but can’t get it out. I can understand more about what it is like for the children I work with, who have difficulties with their talking. Last night I watched a documentary on stammering and the frustrations the children had. They knew exactly what they wanted to say but the words just couldn’t come out.

I know my Spanish is pretty childlike and often does not make sense, but the other week I was asked to give a very short presentation in church about England/Christianity and other religions. I managed to do it which I never could have imagined doing this time 6 months ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment